"The Mother of the Slayer is the Mother of our Survival"
- unknown watcher, 17th century
Keepers Quotes Actress Gallery Stuff
- Unconditional Love for Buffy - Lisa
- Uncannily Prophetic Reassurances to Buffy - Maddy :)
- High School Yearbook (she was on the committee) - LeAnne
- Barbecue Fork (that she didn't know she had) - Betsy
- Ability to take anything in stride - Chris
- Earrings (from 'WttH') - Allison T.
- Crate Cracking Crowbar - Chris
- Well-Intentioned Parental Cliches - X-Lander
- Coffee Cup (from 'Angel') - Gypsy
- Fertility Statue - Bob & Terry
- 'Effective Parenting' Tapes - Allison T.
- Frustrating IRS Papers - Raininfire
- Juicer (from 'The Witch') - Catalina
- Funny Untold Story about Hank's Original Prom Date - Krista
- Concern for Buffy's Future - Angela Mach
- Obliviousness (to Buffy's being the Slayer) - Little Willow
- Sports Utility Vehicle - Jason
- Gracious Hospitality towards Darla (Big Mistake!) - Samantha B.
- General Friendliness - Angela Mach
- Positive Traits passed on to Buffy - Day
- Gidget (Farrah) High School Hairstyle - Nite
- Platitudes Good for all Occasions - Moy
- Dreams about Bills - Triple C
- Ring (from 'Prophecy Girl') - Lupe
- Practical and Unpretentious Clothing - Sage
- Watch (from WttH) - Allison T.
- Moisturizer (approved of by Cordy) - Jill K.
- Fire Axe of Motherly Retribution - Lisa & Chris
- Look of Maternal Fury (when confronting Spike) - Kimberly
- "Parent-Teacher Night" Outfit - Kimberly
- Gracious Hospitality towards Ampata (Mommy/Mummy
Bonding) - Courtney
- Pride in Buffy's being able to "take care of herself" - Tricia-Leigh
- Patience (for all of Buffy's school troubles) - Jennifer
- "Night Manager" Duties at the Gallery - WillowSlay
- Nightgown (she was wearing when Darla bit her) - Daria
- Complete Ignorance of Buffy & Angel's Love - Lady Rave
- Week of Trusting Buffy - Mina
- Relationship with Ted - Sara B.
- Chats with Giles about Buffy - GylzGirl
- Broken Dish (from "Surprise") - Lady Cietdubh
- Ability to Look Good (even with a 17 year-old like Buffy) - Sali
- Desire for Buffy to Learn Responsibility - BuffyPhan
- Inability to "get it" with regard to Buffy ("The Witch") - JD
- Loneliness and Longing - Cera
- Knowledge of Buffy and Angel's Intimacy - Lesley
- Oranges (from "Passion") - Lesley
- Shock at hearing that Buffy & Angel made love - Annie
- Acceptance of being shut out of Buffy's life - Annie
- Suspicions of Buffy - Kyleen
- Fashionable yet Homey Decorating Style - Professional Lurker
- Special Hospital Moment with Giles ("Killed by Death) - Selyf
- Painting (on wall that Ted shoved her against) - SorceressL
- Lost Patience with Principal Snyder ("School Hard") - SorceressL
- Embarrassment at hitting on Xander - Lylia
- Concerned Talk with Buffy about the Angel sex thing - Erin
- Amazing Powers of Repression - Liz
- Car Keys - Jannah
- Fond Memories of Buffy as a little girl - Jannah
- Job as a Gallery Owner - Jannah
- "Out of the Loop" Status over Buffy's Slayerhood - Dominique
- Surprised Look (at hearing of Buffy's Slayerhood) - Crash Overide
- Stunned State (after Buffy revealed her Slayerhood) - Raininfire
- Refusal to accept Buffy's Slayerhood - Crash Overide
- Books on Proper Parenting - Sara
- Industrial Strength Detergent (to get the blood stains
out of Buffy's clothes) - VampGirl
- Favorite Movie, "Thelma and Louise" - Mel
- Reluctant Acceptance of Spike as Buffy's "new friend" - Ms. Gwyn
- Unawareness that Buffy was "in a band" - Ms. Gwyn
- Perfect Preservation of her Pollyanna Attitude, even about
Buffy's Slayerhood - Ms. Gwyn
- Sudden, Uncontrollable Desire for Xander ("BBB") - Beth C.
- Cheesy Chips ("Killed by Death") - Beth C.
- "Goodbye" Note that Buffy left her (end of "Becoming") - Jill
- Job as a Gallery Owner - Slayer01
- Failed Attempt to keep Buffy from Leaving the House
(in "Becoming-II") - Angelica
- Long Hard Hours at the Gallery - Angelbuf
- "Malarkey" she gave Ted - Charity
- Gung-ho Motherly Pep Talks - Angelbuf
- Orange Juicer - Jodie
- Futile attempts to tell Buffy "No" - Charity
- Understanding she thinks she has of Buffy - Charity
- Awkward Moment of Silence in Living Room with Spike - Court
- Sensuous Backrub she gave Xander ("BBB") - Jessy
- Realization that asking Buffy "What's wrong?" won't do
her any good ("WSWB") - 'jill
- Glass she threw in fight with Buffy ("Becoming-II") - Ryan
- Receipt from "Everyday Woman" ("Bad Eggs")- Kandise
- Nigerian Mask ("Isn't it pretty? It raises the dead!") - Nicole
- Bookclub Membership ("DMP") - Chibbi
- Love of Schnapps ("DMP") - Jean
- Ability to say exactly what's going on (without having any idea
what's actually going on) - Caitlin
- Horror at realizing how a new slayer is called - Mary M.
- Attempts at Polite Conversation with Spike ("Becoming") - Beverly
- Interpretation of Buffy's Words to Snyder, "Nyah nyah nyah!" - Adreenis
- Contempt for Principal Synder (one of the few things she and
her daughter have in common) - Kyle
- Temporary Teenage State ("Band Candy") - Adreenis
- Candy-Induced Passion with Giles ("Band Candy") - Adreenis
- Handcuffs ("Band Candy") - Archangel & Lisa
- Terrible Sense of Timing (in dealing with Buffy) - Drew
- Long Fiery Liplocks with "Ripper" ("Band Candy") - Queen D.
Have a good time! I know you're going to make friends
right away. Just think positive. And honey... try not
to get kicked out?
The tapes all say I should get used to saying it, "No"
I know, if you don't go out it'll be the end of the world.
Buffy: I can accept that you had sex,
but not that you had Farrah hair.
Joyce: That's not Farrah hair, it's Gidget hair. Didn't
they teach you anything in History?!
Buffy: I can't go the dance.
Joyce: Says who, is it written somewhere?
Buffy: Then what happened?
Joyce: I met your father.
Buffy: He didn't have a date either?
Joyce: He did, and that's a much funnier story
that you will NOT get to hear!
Buffy: What can you really tell about a person from a test score?
Joyce: Whether or not she's ever going out with her friends again.
Buffy: Oh, that.
Joyce: I wish you could talk my daughter into going with you.
Ampata: I tried, but she is very stubborn.
Joyce: Yeah, well, I'm glad someone else sees that!
Joyce: You get the hell away from my daughter!
Joyce: Nobody lays a hand on my little girl....
"Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!," Mae Thompson
"Remington Steele," episode "Let's Steele a Plot"
"California Dreams," episode "Daddy's Girl," Ariel Lang
"Hot Pursuit," episode "The Art of Being Nick" (9/87)
"Easy Street," episode "My Bloodbrother" (pilot)
"What Does It Take" (CBS series)
"Legal Eagles," Secretary #2
"Guiding Light" (May, 1992)
(click on thumbnail to view full-size photo)
SOUND: "It's a nun club" (82KB)
SOUND: "Get the hell away" (49KB)
SOUND: "Try not to get kicked out?" (190KB)
SOUND: "Just say no" (177KB)
LYRICS: "The Lady Came from Sunnydale"
Want to be a keeper?
Have a good quote or a picture?
Have more info about Kristine?
Have a suggestion?
Vernon Wells for source images
Mark Safransky for source image
Tom's Buffy Page for source images
(digital image reformatting by Lisa)
Domain of the Slain for quotes
Bob Vaillancourt for bio info
Chris for sound clips
And be sure to check out Joyce's summer home!